Definition of work: Performs various Non-Invasive Cardiology procedures such as ambulatory monitoring setup and scanning, 12 and 15 lead EKGs, cardiac stress tests, pacemaker clinics, etc. Works closely with nursing staff and physicians ensuring that any acute/critical abnormalities identified from diagnostic testing are reported and maintains special files and charts on patients recordings, as well as, prepares and forwards reports to physicians. The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person and family-centered care, demonstrates a commitment to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks, and implementing improvements.
Hours of work: 70 hours biweekly (Shift work may be required)
Salary: LX-24 ($25.31-$31.65)
Competition Number: P-2019000678-CNH
Competition closing date: Open until filled
* Graduation from High School with a diploma recognized by the Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
* Completion of a Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists (CSCT) approved course in the field of non-invasive cardiology.
* Must have a certificate of registration or be registry eligible with the CSCT.
* Recent experience in the operation of non-invasive cardiology equipment.
* A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
* A satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.